Are you wondering if you can get kratom delivered to your house? The legalities surrounding the substance are still ongoing as laws and legislations get worked out. So the last thing you want to do is be in possession of some and get a knock at the door by the authorities.
Fortunately, the number of states where you can get kratom for sale outweigh the areas of the country where it’s prohibited. But there some rogue cities and counties that deem it illegal despite the state’s view on the herb.
So how do you make sure that’s it safe to place an order for kratom? Before you submit your order and credit card information, check out this guide first so that you don’t get yourself into any trouble with the law.
Which States Have Banned Kratom?
Fortunately, the number of states that have made kratom illegal is in the minority. As of today, the parts of the country that have deemed it illegal are:
- Rhode Island
While these bans are in place, work is underway by the American Kratom Association and Botanical Educational Alliance to overturn these rulings. Other organizations are also contributing, as well as lobbyists, to help inform and educate the lawmakers of these areas.
What Cities and Counties Have Banned Kratom?
Despite some states being in the process of reviewing their legislation or have deemed kratom legal, some cities and counties have held firm on their decision to ban the substance. These places include:
- Alton, Illinois
- Denver, Colorado
- Edwardsville, Illinois
- Franklin, New Hampshire
- Jerseyville, Illinois
- Monument, Colorado
- Parker, Colorado
- San Diego, California
- Sarasota County, Florida
The state of Mississipi also has several cities and counties that don’t allow for kratom. The counties include Alcorn, Calhoun, Itawamba, Lowndes, Monroe, Noxubee, Prentiss, Tippah, Tishomingo, and Union.
The list of individual towns in the state is even longer. Kratom is currently banned in Belmont, Blue Mountain, Booneville, Bruce, Burnsville, Caledonia, Calhoun, Columbus, Corinth, Derma, Fulton, Guntown, Iuka, Mantachie, Marietta, New Albany, Okolona, Oxford, Pontotoc, Ripley, Saltillo, Senatobia, Tishomingo, and Vardaman.
Where Can Kratom Be Shipped in the Rest of the Country?
Everywhere else in the United States outside of the locations above currently deem kratom legal. However, there is some pending legislation being debated in multiple parts of the country. The latest developments are:
- There is pending legislation in Georgia to sell kratom to people over 18 years of age only
- The state of Hawaii is looking to categorize it as a Schedule V drug
- Idaho, Louisiana, Missouri, Ohio, and Oregon are working on rules around regulating the sale of the herb
- In Illinois and Oklahoma, they are waiting on legislation to either regulate the substance or ban it in its entirety
- Kansas is in the process of reviewing its Kratom Consumer Protection Act
- Maryland and Mississipi are planning on ruling that the substance is a Schedule I drug
- Meanwhile, in Michigan, they plan on labeling kratom as a Schedule II drug
- New Hampshire is looking to ban kratom completely
- In New Jersey, they’re planning on banning the sale, and distribution of the substance
- The state of New York has attempted to ban kratom multiple times now, and instead, they’re looking to prohibit it to people over 21 years of age only
- Pennsylvania is taking a different approach by asking the FDA to look at protocols and guidelines to access kratom
- In Virginia, they’ve requested a study to determine if it should be a scheduled substance or not
Every other state in the country currently deems kratom legal to purchase. The rules around its legality, including the kratom types and kratom strains, may differ from state to state. So it’s best to educate yourself on what the laws are before you submit your order.
While most of the country supports the sale of kratom, the DEA and FDA are in talks about how it should get classified. The concern from these officials is that it’s an addictive substance with opioid-like similarities. So, there is potential that there is a country-wide ban on kratom.
However, hundreds of thousands of vendors and consumers are signing petitions to prevent it from becoming a controlled substance. They’re also donating millions to researchers so that they can provide the necessary evidence to maintain the legality of the item.
Is Kratom for Sale Overseas?
If you plan to move to another country to get your kratom, you should make yourself aware of which places deem it legal for purchase. The most common countries that will let you purchase it include:
- Europe, except for Romania, Poland, Sweden, Latvia, Finland, Denmark, Russia, and Lithuania
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South America
- South Korea
The rules around kratom in other countries are not clear whether it’s legal or not. In these cases, it’s best to check with the relevant government department to ensure it’s ok to place an order.
Where Can You Get Your Kratom Legally?
Once you’ve checked with your local authorities or councils on the status of kratom for sale in your area, the next step is to submit your order. Just make sure that you’re only purchasing items and quantities that are legal for your location.
If you live in one of the states where kratom is legal, then we can ship your items directly to you. We can only send products to places where there are no additional rules or regulations. So if that includes you, then head over to our shop now to place an order.